Brake band LAT-2
Asbestos, woven, brake tape reinforced with brass wire, impregnated with oil composition.
Woven brake band LAT 2 is used as linings in brake and friction units operating at pressures up to 5MPa and surface friction temperature up to +300 ° C. The brake band is reinforced with brass wire. For use in areas with a tropical climate, the LAT brake band is made using fungicides.
• thickness from 4 mm to 12 mm
• width from 13 mm to 200 mm.
Brake band LAT-2 works when:
• max allowable pressure 5 MPa (50 atm.);
• max permissible temperature +300 С.
Brake band LAT-2 has the following physical and mechanical characteristics:
• dry friction coefficient 0.45 - 0.60 for grey cast iron;
• linear wear no more than 0.11 (mm) for grey cast iron;
• density -1.45 -1.65 (g /cm3)
• resistance to bending - no cracks and broken threads;
• increase in mass when exposed to water and oil no more than 12%.